News

Castle Mall investors take cold feet over plans at The Junction

Thursday, 21 December 2017

Castle Mall investors take cold feet over plans at The Junction thumbnail

NEGOTIATIONS between Antrim's Castle Mall and four major retailers have stalled because of new development plans at The Junction, it has been claimed.
The news was revealed at a meeting of Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council's Planning Committee, where outline planning permission was granted for a 23.5m 'masterplan' at the giant out-of-town shopping and entertainment mecca, creating almost 400 jobs.
A Castle Mall spokesman said that the company had been in the late stages of discussions with four retailers interested in occupying taking up floorspace in excess of 1,400 square metres.
But he told councillors that the 6.25m plans were now in jeopardy as both existing and potential new entrant retailers adopt a 'wait and see' approach to rival plans.
*Read the full story in this week's Antrim Guardian

Share

Subscribe to read full newspaper »

Send to a friend

Please complete the following form to inform a friend about this page.

In order to process your information we must ask you to enter the letters in the image into the box:

CAPTCHA Image play audio version Reload Image

* Mandatory field - please complete